Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life

Life is crowding in once again, Lord. It seems, once again, that there is way more to do than time to do it. Once again, I have said yes to too many commitments. Forgive me, Father. Forgive me for not being a good steward of my time. Forgive me for the pride that causes me to be presumptuous enough to think I can do one more thing.

Oh Lord, the desire of my heart is to choose “the good part” as Mary did. Now I seem to be like Martha, “worried and bothered about so many things.” Help me, Lord, to sit at your feet listening to your word. Help me to turn from the distractions and do only those things for which I am given power by You.

Father God, bring order to my world as only You can. Help me to choose the best over the good and even over the better. Let me honor You, Lord, in all my choices. May the work of my hands be pleasing to You.

Now, Lord, as I go forward in this day, grant me the wisdom to say no to those things that will only worry and bother. May I know the peace that comes from sitting at Your feet and listening to Your word.

No comments: