Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fall Musings

It seems everyone is commenting on what a great fall we are having this year. The beauty of the turning leaves reflects God's glory and causes us to pause and thank Him for His creation. Someone said to me yesterday, "We are having a real fall." It amuses me that I, along with many others, are amazed (and thankful) when fall or winter or spring are distinctive seasons here in our part of the South. Summer is always distinctive and often invades the other seasons.

I pray that I might be a distinctive child of God and that I might show others what a 'real' Christian looks like. Alas, the reality is that often I am not distinctive, that often I allow the world to invade my thoughts, my attitudes, my actions. Today my prayer will be that I will reflect God's glory and that I will bring honor to Him as His creation and His child.

No comments: